eLearning Workshops and Resources for the Start of Winter 2021
The Centre for Teaching and Learning (CTL) and Western Technology Services (WTS) are kicking off January 2021 with a week of synchronous workshops and Q&As to support departments and faculty as they prepare for a new semester of online teaching.
1. Pop Up Pedagogy Sessions
These popular workshops are being offered in super-sized one-hour versions to accommodate for extra discussion and activity. For detailed descriptions of each topic, visit the Pop Up Pedagogy page.
- Leading Engaging Synchronous Sessions: Tuesday Jan 5, 2021 from 1-2pm
- Getting the Most Out of Your Discussion Forums: Tuesday Jan 5, 2021 from 2-3pm
- Stop Making More Content! (New): Wednesday Jan 6, 2021 from 2-3pm
- Planning Effective Instructional Videos: Wednesday Jan 6, 2021 from 3-4pm
- Online Course Readiness in 5 Simple Steps (New): Thursday Jan 7, 2021 from 1-2pm
2. Course Development Mini-Retreat (New)
You know what you need to do, but where does the time go? The solution is simple – join us for some dedicated work time! Briefly share your goals for the morning with a small number of colleagues in Zoom before setting off to work on your own. CTL eLearning Specialists will be present to answer questions and to connect you to resources as needed. At the end of the session, participants will share their progress and next steps. Register for one or both half days.
3. Q&A with eLearning Specialists from CTL and WTS
Q&As aim to answer common questions about online learning. Each of these informal drop-in sessions are co-facilitated by eLearning team members from CTL and WTS.
We look forward to seeing you at a future event!
Learn more about eLearning at Western, visit our eLearning webpage.