Connect with instructors from across campus and beyond. The Connect Series is one hour of fully online 'lightning rounds' profiling new eLearning ideas, practices, trials, and experiments. Hosted through Blackboard Collaborate, presenters and participants can join from anywhere.
By the end of a Connect Session, participants will be able to:
- identify new practices and ideas for teaching with technology
- connect with other instructors from across Western who are using technology for teaching.
What to expect
Hosted online, the Connect Series is facilitated using Blackboard Collaborate. Participants log in and connect with others through online participation in this webinar style meeting. A series of Lightning rounds (10-15 minutes in length) are presented by instructors who have volunteered to share their practices, ideas, and experiments. The session wraps up with an opportunity for questions and discussion.
Participants should be prepared to join from a quiet location offering reliable internet connection. For full participation, speakers, a microphone, and a web camera are recommended.
Have an idea for a quick show-and-tell?
Sign up for a 10-minute presenter's time slot
Session I: Tuesday December 4, 2018
Session II: Wednesday February 13, 2019
Session III: Thursday March 21, 2019
All Connect sessions will be hosted between 2:30 – 3:30PM EST
No sessions are scheduled at present.
Limited to instructors
Please register for each individual session of interest. Registered participants will receive email confirmation of the event shortly preceding the date, including a link to the Blackboard Collaborate session.
- Login to Western Connect using your Western username and password.
- Go to the Centre for Teaching and Learning section. Select Event Calendar and select the program you wish to register in. Details and a description of the program will appear.
- Select the Register for this Event button. If the event has reached capacity, you may have the option to register on the waitlist.
- You will receive an automated confirmation email to your Western email account.
Three sessions are run each year (September to March). Check Event Calendar for future dates.