Continuous Teaching Improvement Community of Practice
This Community of Practice (CoP) is for instructors who are interested in exploring new teaching approaches. The community meets regularly to discuss topics related to effective teaching, student, learning, and professional teaching development. Topics are selected based on the interests of participants.
Members decide the direction and focus ahead of each meeting and take turns facilitating sessions. Past sessions have included:
- innovative assessments roundtable,
- inspiration from active learning classrooms,
- workflow strategies for instructors
- teaching Dossiers.
What to expect
Meetings are casual and participants are welcome to bring brown bag lunches. Registrants receive an email one week before the meeting inviting them to share any prompting questions or reading materials ahead of time.
Typically meets monthly September through May. Check the Event Calendar for future dates.
Instructors at all stages of their academic careers are welcome.
- Login to Western Connect using your Western username and password.
- Go to the Centre for Teaching and Learning section and select Event Calendar and select the program you wish to register in. Details and a description of the program will appear.
- Select the Register for this Event button. If the event has reached capacity, you may have the option to register on the waitlist.
- You will receive an automated confirmation email to your Western email account.