Research on Teaching and Learning Community of Practice
The Research on Teaching and Learning Community of Practice (RTL CoP) is an opportunity for those interested in research on teaching and learning (RTL) to meet regularly with like-minded colleagues from across campus to share their ideas, discuss RTL topics of interest, and learn from each other. The membership defines the purpose of the CoP and, since its inception, members have presented their RTL projects, discussed RTL articles, considered different research approaches, and helped to troubleshoot bottlenecks in one another’s projects.
What to expect
Although the activities can vary meeting to meeting, you can expect to meet with a group of colleagues from a variety of disciplinary backgrounds who are interested in discussing various aspects of RTL.
Typically meets once a month. Check Event Calendar for future dates.
Instructors, librarians and archivists, and graduate students interested in research on teaching and learning.
How to Join
Register for one of the monthly one hour RTL CoP meetings through the Centre for Teaching and Learning, or contact Ken Meadows.
- Login to CareerCentral using your Western username and password.
- Go to the Centre for Teaching and Learning section and select Event Calendar.
- Search for and select the event you wish to register in. Details and a description of the program will appear.
- Select the Register for this Event button. If the event has reached capacity, you may have the option to register on the waitlist.
- You will receive an automated confirmation email to your Western email account.