Spring Perspectives on Active Learning - Call for Proposals now open
The Centre for Teaching and Learning invites proposals for presentations at Spring Perspectives on Teaching on May 15, 2019. The conference will focus on active learning strategies across the Faculties at Western, and we welcome submissions from instructors from all disciplines and teaching contexts. Presentations will focus on the use of active learning strategies in large, small, face-to-face, online, or blended learning environments.
We will engage in conversations around such questions as:
- How do you use active learning to build community in your classes?
- How do you give and receive meaningful feedback on your students’ learning by incorporating active learning?
- What does effective active learning look like in your classes?
- Why do you incorporate active learning strategies in your classes and how did you begin?
- What skills are your students developing and practising through active learning strategies?
Deadline for submissions: February 11, 2019