Call for Proposals: Teaching Fellowship Program
The goal of the Teaching Fellows Program is to enhance teaching innovation and teaching quality at Western by bringing together a cohort of outstanding educators. Teaching Fellows are educational leaders who (1) develop teaching innovation projects, (2) perform research to assesses the impact of these projects, and (3) support educational excellence within their own Faculties by mentoring colleagues, coordinating workshops, facilitating learning communities, and providing other instructional development opportunities. To achieve these outcomes, Fellows receive a three-year secondment, funding to conduct their teaching innovations, and support from educational developers in the Centre for Teaching and Learning.
One Teaching Fellow is appointed in each Faculty for a 3-year term. Seven Teaching Fellow positions are open starting July 1, 2021, and we invite educational innovation projects focusing on undergraduate or graduate education in all areas, including but not limited to, the following themes:
- Anti-racism, equity, diversity, and inclusion;
- eLearning, including technology-enhanced, blended, or online learning;
- Experiential learning;
- Indigenization and decolonization;
- Interdisciplinary learning;
- Lifelong learning;
- Mental health and wellbeing;
- Professional/workplace competencies; or
- Sustainability or climate change education.
Deadline for applications: Monday, March 22, 2021